WCDSB Mission and Vision
WCDSB Code of Conduct:
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board recognizes the inherent dignity and worth of the individual. All individuals concerned with the school system -trustees, staff, students, parents, visitors to schools –are subject to the following code of conduct; a code of conduct that will be implemented within the Catholic faith life experience of each school community and consistent with the Ontario Catholic School Graduate Expectations, the Safe School’s provisions of the Education Act and Regulations and the constitutional right of Catholic school boards to manage their schools as stated through section 93 of the Constitution Act, 1867. APC 018 Code of Conduct
Statement of Philosophy
St. Michael Catholic School, with its unique historic heritage and active community participation, seeks to nurture the spiritual, intellectual, social, emotional and physical growth of individual learners, enabling them to become creators of a better society.
As members of the St. Michael Catholic School Community, we believe:
- Creation is ongoing and that each of us, like our model Jesus, is a steward of God’s creation. We have a responsibility to care for what God has made: our neighbours, environment, and ourselves.
- Schools should be a preparation for life. We have a responsibility to help our students become mature Christians and good Canadian citizens.
- The faith environment of our school provides a necessary ground for the development of genuine Christian values. We base our ideas, values, discipline and behaviour on the model of Jesus in the Gospels.
- Parents/guardians are the primary educators of their children. It is necessary then that parents/guardians and staff members work together in the best interest of each child, and for the good of the entire community in which we live and learn.
- As part of God’s covenant with us, we have responsibilities and commitments to one another. We are to live in peace and promote forgiveness, reconciliation and hope.
- Everyone has the right to a safe, respectful and secure environment.
We all live, love and learn by walking in the footsteps of Jesus.
Take a Stand. Lend a Hand.