The morning kindergarten Kiss and Drop area is looking for volunteers. Kiss and Drop duties begin at 8:45 a.m. and run until 9:00 a.m. Adult volunteers assist the students in safely exiting their vehicle when getting dropped off for school. Our intermediate students are there to walk students to the kindergarten play yard. Please inquire at the office if you are able to volunteer for 15 minutes in the morning. Thank you for your consideration!
CONGRATS TO OUR BOYS BASKETBALL TEAM!
A huge Congratulations goes out to our Intermediate Boys Basketball Team who showed their grit and determination in their school tournament last week. They faced some tough competitors and came out on top taking First Place overall! A special thanks to their amazing coach Mrs. Saraiva who led the boys with passion and expertise! Way to go Angels!
FITGO IS HERE!
St. Michael School will be participating in the FITGO challenge again this year from February 25th to March 1st! We will be challenging other schools within our family of schools in a friendly competition that involves completing activities in the following focus areas: Daily Physical Activity, Healthy Bodies, Healthy Eating, Healthy Minds and Healthy Environment
We hope that you will support us!
Your child may be talking about the great classroom activities that they are completing for the challenge. You can help at home by encouraging healthy initiatives such as:
▪ Packing lunches that include fruits and vegetables
▪ Trying to walk to and from school today
▪ Dressing appropriately to go outside for recess
▪ Packing lunches that contain reusable containers
▪ Using reusable water bottles at school
Let’s have a healthy week filled with lots of fun and fitness!
SPIRIT DAY – WEAR PINK ON WEDNESDAY!
On Wednesday, February 27th the Angel community is invited to wear pink as a sign of solidarity in our efforts to Stand Up to Bullying!
FEBRUARY UMBRELLA THEME
We continue to explore the Umbrella themes each month and students are starting to build their own personal umbrellas – being able to use various strategies to help them deal with struggles they may face in their lives. Throughout the month of February, we have been exploring the theme of Mindfulness. Take a minute to read the attached article that can be found at the link below. It has some great activities for your children around Mindfulness.
MARCH UMBRELLA THEME
This Friday is March 1st and this means that we will start to explore our new Umbrella Theme. The theme for March is Autonomy. Stay tuned for some great ideas on how you can foster autonomy in your child at home!
TERRY FOX RUN RESULTS
The 2018 Terry Fox School Run was a great success! We are proud to announce that St. Michael School has generously donated $1350.00 for cancer research! 39 years ago, determined to make a difference in the lives of those living with cancer, Terry ignited a fundraising movement that cannot be stopped. With our fundraising efforts, his message of hope echoes loudly in the voices of students and families everywhere!
CONFIRMATION PARENT MEETING
Please be reminded that our Grade 7 students making their confirmation have a mandatory Parent Mtg this Tuesday February 26th at 7pm. The meeting takes place at St. Clements Parish.
Our Grade 2 students will be making their First Reconciliation this Wednesday February 27th at 7pm at St. Clements Church. We are excited for our students who have been prepping for this sacrament. We hope to see you there!
UPCOMING DATES TO REMEMBER!
- Mon. Feb 25 – FITGO Challenge starts!
- Mon. Feb 25 – Girls Volleyball Tourney at Monsignor Doyle
- Tues. Feb 26 – Parent/Student Confirmation mtg at St. Clements Church (7pm)
- Wed. Feb 27 – First Reconciliation at St. Clements Church (7pm)
- Wed. Feb 27 – Spirit Wear Day! Wear PINK!
- Wed. Feb 27 – Junior Skills Competition at Conestoga College
- Wed. Feb 27 – Paper Bag Princess Performance – JK-Gr 4
- Thurs. Feb 28 – Intermediate Skills Competition at Conestoga College
- Thurs. Feb 28 – French Speaking Competition
- Sun. Mar 3 – Confirmation Workshop at St. Clements Church (10am)
- Tues. Mar 5 – Grade 8 Grad, SK Grad and Sibling Picture Day
- Wed. Mar 6 – Ash Wednesday Distribution of Ashes
- Mon. Mar 11 – 15 – March Break