SPIRIT METER SUCCESS!
We have reached our next level in our school wide spirit meter and the whole school received a reward of a PJ Day! They also were able to enjoy some hot chocolate and cookies for everyone! Thank you to Mrs. Starr who helped make the hot chocolate and our Student Leadership Team for the deliveries! Keep working hard Angels at showing your school spirit and collecting our Pom Poms! Remember this months theme is Authenticity! Being yourself is the best reward we can ask for!
GRADE 8 PARENT NIGHT – THIS THURSDAY JAN 16TH!!
Calling all Grade 8 parents – there will be an information night at St. Benedict on Thursday January 16th starting at 6:30pm. You and your child are invited. You will hear about all of the amazing opportunities at St. Benedict and will get a chance to tour around the school. It is a great event that you don’t want to miss!
Please remind your child(ren) that when they are at school, snow safety rules may be different than those you have at home. We all want our students to enjoy the snow and have fun at recess times. With our yard as full as it is, we do need to have some extra rules in order to help keep everyone safe. The following is the list of snow rules we ask the students to respect and follow while they are at school.
- The Climbers are always closed before and after school.
- No throwing snow at anyone at ANYTIME.
- Playing on the snow piles is only allowed under direct adult supervision and if you have snow pants – if there is pushing or rough play where a student can get injured, the piles WILL BE CLOSED.
- The snow is for everyone – nobody owns it so it is for everyone to use.
- If you see a snow fort, snowman or snow boulder – please do not destroy it. The maker is the breaker.
- Please remember to brush and kick the snow off as you enter the school
Parents are valued partners at St. Michael School and we appreciate the opportunity to be open to discuss your child’s education. Communication with the school is an important and vital aspect of daily life and the W.C.D.S.B. has put the following procedures in place regarding school communication:
· Speak to the individual (classroom teacher first)
· Issue resolved (if unresolved go to step 2)
· Speak to the Principal (If you have not spoken to the classroom teacher, the Principal will ask you to do so)
· The Principal will involve the individual in the discussions
· The Principal may request, at any time in the process, that you put your concerns in writing
· The Principal may involve, at any time in the process, others who may be helpful in resolving the concern; support staff from the school board, employee group representatives, the local parish, community agencies
· You may contact the school board at any time. The school board will direct you to follow the process outlined above
We also ask that when you need to talk with school staff you call or e-mail to set up an appointment in advance. Our days are busy with supporting kids and other pre-booked meetings. It may not be possible to meet with school staff if you show up without an appointment.
Thank you for understanding.
KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION – CALLING ALL FUTURE ANGELS!
Registration is Open! Tell your Friends!
Parents can access the Online Registration form by clicking on the Register for School link on the WCDSB Homepage and then choosing either Kindergarten Registration, Elementary Registration or Secondary Registration. The link to Online Registration can be found on each page under the “Registration Options”
Children born in 2016 are eligible for Year 1 Kindergarten (JK).
Children born in 2015 are eligible for Year 2 Kindergarten (SK).
When registering your child to attend a Catholic elementary school you must be prepared to provide proof of the child’s date of birth and either the child’s Catholic baptismal certificate or the Catholic baptismal certificate of at least one parent or guardian.
If you are non-Catholic, but wish to explore a Catholic education for your child(ren), please review the WCDSB Admissions to Catholic Elementary Schools policy. Our secondary schools are open to students of all faiths.
A complete list of WCDSB schools that will offer the Extended Day Program in 2020-21 will be web-posted in April, 2020. Please call your school directly for information about the Extended Day Program. A complete list of WCDSB schools currently providing the program is available via this link: Extended Day Program.
Please call the office for any questions you may have.
DATES TO REMEMBER
- Tues. Jan 14 – Catholic School Advisory Council Mtg 6:00pm
- Thurs. Jan 16 – Grade 8 Parent Night at St. Benedict – 6:30pm
- Wed. Jan 22 – Carizon Worker on-site (AM)
- Thurs. Jan 23 – Grade 5/6 to Safety Village
- Fri. Jan 24 – PD Day
- Wed. Jan 29 – Bell Let’s Talk Day!
- Wed. Jan 29 – Safety Village AM – Comiskey’s class
- Fri. Jan 31 – Hat Day!
- Fri. Jan 31 – Scientists in Schools – Primary
- Sun. Feb 2 – First Communion Parent Child Workshop (8:45am)