JUNE UMBRELLA THEME
We continue to explore the Umbrella themes each month and students are starting to build their own personal umbrellas – being able to use various strategies to help them deal with struggles they may face in their lives. Throughout the month of June, we will be exploring the theme of Hope/Mastery. Take a minute to read the attached article that can be found at the link below. It has some great activities for your children around Integrity.
Congratulations goes out to our Grade 3 and 6 students for completing their EQAO assessments. Staff and students have been working very hard all year to prepare for these tests and we are all very proud of their accomplishments. Well done Angels!
END OF YEAR BEACH PARTY
We are so excited to celebrate our end of year with a Beach Themed party! On Tuesday June 18th from 5:30-7:30 come by and enjoy food trucks, carnival games, face painting and a chance to connect with each other as a school community. We will also be having our Mission Basket Raffle to support various Missions in our local community. Looking forward to seeing you there!
VOLUNTEER APPRECIATION STRAWBERRY SOCIAL
St. Michael would not be the amazing place it is without our dedicated Volunteers. To recognize these amazing people, we are hosting a Strawberry Social on June 14th. Invites to these volunteers will be coming out shortly. Please make sure to mark your calendars!
SCHOOL PROPERTY – END OF DAY
As the weather gets nicer outside, many of our classes are taking the learning outside as well. Please be reminded that if you are coming onto school property at the end of the day to pick up your child, please respect that class is still in session and students are still engaged in learning, even when they are outside on the fields. If you need to speak to your child and/or need them to leave early, please sign them out at the front office. We ask that you refrain from interrupting during class time. Thank you for your assistance.
SAFETY REMINDER: SUNSCREEN AND HATS
Did you know? The sun’s rays are strongest between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. Whether it is outdoor breaks, sports activities, outdoor classes or events, it is important to plan for sun protection when the UV Index is three or higher.
Some tips to consider:
o Wearing protective clothing to cover skin.
o Wearing a wide-brimmed hat.
o Applying a water-resistant, UVA/UVB sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher to uncovered skin.
o Applying lip balm with SPF protection.
o Wearing sunglasses with 100% UV protection.
Dates to Remember
- Tues. June 4 – Cross Country Meet at Shade’s Mill
- Wed. June 5 – Grade 7 Day at St. Benedict
- Wed. June 5 – Fire Truck visit to Kindergarten classes
- Mon. June 10 – Strauss and Eugenio Shade’s Mill Trip
- Tues. June 11 – Year End School Mass at St. Clement’s Parish
- Wed. June 12 – Regional Track and Field Meet
- Mon. June 17 – Junior 3-Pitch Tourney (boys and girls)
- Tues. June 18 – End of Year Celebration 5:30-7:30
- Thurs. June 20 – Grade 8 Graduation Mass
- Fri. June 21 – SK Graduation
- Mon. June 24 – Primary Summer Picnic
- Mon. June 24 – Grade 8 Graduation
- Tues. June 25 – Term 2 Report Cards go home
- Wed. June 26 – Grade 8 Dance at St. Benedict
- Fri. June 28 – Last Day of School