ANGEL UPDATE – MAY 13-17
Wishing all of our Angel mothers a wonderful Mother’s Day!
This week we were blessed to have been able to celebrate Catholic Education Week at St. Michael. Our week was filled with many faith-filled experiences that allowed us an opportunity to reflect on Catholic Education and to foster our commitment to serving as children of God. We feel very blessed to be able to attend a Catholic School and we were very proud to show it this week – living as Joyful Disciples!
LITURGY AND UMBRELLA MONTHLY RECOGNITION
We opened up Catholic Education Week with a beautiful liturgy planned by our Grade 1 students. We also participated in the Crowning of Mary. It was a wonderful way to get us into the reverent space for the beginning of Catholic Education Week!
GRADE 2 CONFIRMATION RETREAT
We are busy preparing our Grade 2 students for the Sacrament of First Holy Communion which takes place this Sunday at 2pm. They participated in a retreat held at school which allowed them time to connect and explore the sacrament in fun ways by making crafts and participating in fun activities. We look forward to celebrating on Sunday!
STEWARDS OF THE EARTH
On Friday afternoon we had a whole school clean up! We collected garbage from all areas of the school and ensured that our yard was safe from debris! The rain held up and we were happy to be able to show our commitment to our community and our space!
This wee all classes were able to utilize a sacred space that was created by our Pastoral Team in efforts to increase reflective time spent thinking about our connection to God. Students used it for praying the rosary, peaceful meditation and religious activities that promote further deepening of the spirit. Thank you to our Pastoral team for setting up the space for us to use!
TRACK AND FIELD
What a fantastic day we had at our annual track meet. Our Angels worked hard to show their grit and determination in participating in all of their running and field events. This day tales so much preparation and planning. A special thank you to Mrs. Saraiva for organizing this event. Another thank you to our parent council for supporting the kids by offering food and drink throughout the day.
FESTIVAL OF TREES
We were able to participate in the Festival of Trees again this year. Students traveled to the Kitchener Auditorium and got to meet their favourite authors and have their books signed. It was a special time to explore and connect with literary friends. Thank you to Mrs. Starr for organizing and to Mr. Comiskey for ensuring that transportation was covered!
Just a reminder that we are continuing to put more and more items on cash online, including permission forms and payment for all school events and activities. We will be looking to try to reduce the amount of paper being sent home and the amount of money travelling back and forth to school with your children. The link to sign up and REGISTER for Cash Online is below. Please sign up today!!
- Sun. May 12 – First Holy Communion at St. Clements Parish
- Tues. May 14 – Grade 4 Trip to Preston Garden
- Tues. May 14 – Running Club
- Wed. May 15 – STEAM Slam at St. Benedict
- Thurs. May 16 – Running Club
- Mon. May 20 – Victoria Day – No school
- Tues. May 21 – June 3 – EQAO Testing
- Tues. May 21 – Running Club
- Thurs. May 23 – Running Club
- Mon. May 27 – Intermediate Co-ed Soccer Tourney
- Tues. May 28 – Grade 8 Cannabis Workshop
- Tues. May 28 – Running Club
- Thurs. May 30 – Running Club
- Fri. May 31 – PD Day – no school
- Tues. June 4 – Cross Country Meet at Shade’s Mill
- Wed. June 5 – Grade 7 Day at St. Benedict
- Wed. June 5 – Fire Truck visit to Kindergarten classes
- Mon. June 10 – Strauss and Eugenio Shade’s Mill Trip
- Tues. June 11 – Year End School Mass at St. Clement’s Parish
- Wed. June 12 – Regional Track and Field Meet
- Mon. June 17 – Junior 3-Pitch Tourney (boys and girls)
- Tues. June 18 – End of Year Celebration 5:30-7:30
- Thurs. June 20 – Grade 8 Graduation Mass
- Fri. June 21 – SK Graduation
- Mon. June 24 – Primary Summer Picnic
- Mon. June 24 – Grade 8 Graduation
- Tues. June 25 – Term 2 Report Cards go home
- Wed. June 26 – Grade 8 Dance at St. Benedict
- Fri. June 28 – Last Day of School