FAMILY DAY HOLIDAY
Just a reminder that Family Day is on Monday February 18th and there is no school. Our wish if that you will be able to have some extra time to spend with your family as they are “life’s greatest blessing.”
CELEBRATING VALENTINE’S DAY!
Our staff spend so much time and effort ensuring that each child in our school community feels loved and cared for. They go above and beyond in planning amazing lessons, organizing extra curricular clubs and committees and making connections with students that reach far beyond the classroom walls. They do this without ever expecting praise from anyone. What a nice surprise to be able to come into the staff room on Valentines Day and see the wall covered with inspirational messages for staff that let them know that they are loved and valued. Our school council is made up of some amazing individuals who were willing to take the time to write messages of love to our staff at St. Michael’s and we appreciate it! It set the tone for the day and we really appreciated the kindness!
A special thank you to Mrs. Jacob who led the Friendship Celebration that took place on Friday February 15th. Many parents decided to join us on this day to celebrate liturgy with us. Students were guided in the gym to participate in liturgy to celebrate what it means to have true friendship in their lives. We were blessed to have the wonderful Musical Ministry led by Mrs. Knight and Ms. Beha and the fabulous Kindergarten singers! It was a great way to celebrate the day and the beginning to our Family Day weekend!
Please be reminded to be careful when walking on icy pathways and sidewalks. We have closed our school field due to the ice buildup and the potential of injury. We are working hard at salting and clearing the walkways as best we can. The ice build up is very thick and we are hoping for a little warmer weather so we can thaw some of the ice that has been accumulated over the last week. A special thanks to Mr. Gibson for taking the extra time to ensure that we have safe surfaces to walk to and from school.
UPCOMING DATES TO REMEMBER!
- Mon. Feb 18 – Family Day Holiday – no school
- Wed. Feb 20 – Spirit Wear Day!
- Thurs. Feb 21 – Social Justice Movie at lunch
- Fri. Feb 22 – Boys Basketball Tournament at Bennie’s
- Fri. Feb 22 – Yoga Club at lunch
- Fri. Feb 22 – ECI Troupe Presentation (whole school)
- Mon. Feb 25 – FITGO Challenge starts!
- Mon. Feb 25 – Girls Volleyball Tourney at Monsignor Doyle
- Wed. Feb 27 – Spirit Wear Day!
- Wed. Feb 27 – Junior Skills Competition at Conestoga College
- Wed. Feb 27 – Paper Bag Princess Performance – JK-Gr 4
- Thurs. Feb 28 – Intermediate Skills Competition at Conestoga College