Welcome to St. Michael Catholic School Council. To meet the needs of present and future challenges, school councils were established in all Ontario schools. The school lies at the heart of every community and the relationship between parents, school staff and the community is witness to the collaborative process involved in educating our children. We look forward to working with you and your children to enrich their learning experiences at St. Michael school.
Meet our 2016-2017 Executive
- CHAIR Laurie Pescod
- SECRETARY Miranda Jensen
- TREASURER Michelle Whissell
- FUNDRAISING COORDINATOR Laurie Pescod and School Council Committees
All boards have been called by the Provincial Government to create councils as advisory bodies to our schools. Parents, guardians, students and other community members bring an important perspective to education and councils will provide forums for this participation.
Objectives for school councils
- To place the overall interests of students first
- To advise the principal and where appropriate, the Board
- To help parents and partners share responsibility for student success
- To enhance parent, parish, and community involvement
- To promote effective relationships among home, school, parish, and community
- To provide a forum for discussions on school success
- To help parents, parish, and community members share their views
Want more information? Don’t forget to sign up for St Michael’s Newswire. Newswire sends out lots of information about our school and what is happening throughout the year.
Council meetings for the 2016/17 year have been established. All meetings are from 5:30 till 7:00 pm as follows:
- Tuesday January 24, 2017
- Tuesday March 28, 2017 (updated)
- Tuesday May 2, 2017