Welcome to St. Michael Catholic School Council. To meet the needs of present and future challenges, school councils were established in all Ontario schools. The school lies at the heart of every community and the relationship between parents, school staff and the community is witness to the collaborative process involved in educating our children. We look forward to working with you and your children to enrich their learning experiences at St. Michael school.
Meet our 2021-2022 Executive – TBD
All boards have been called by the Provincial Government to create councils as advisory bodies to our schools. Parents, guardians, students and other community members bring an important perspective to education and councils will provide forums for this participation.
Objectives for school councils
- To place the overall interests of students first
- To advise the principal and where appropriate, the Board
- To help parents and partners share responsibility for student success
- To enhance parent, parish, and community involvement
- To promote effective relationships among home, school, parish, and community
- To provide a forum for discussions on school success
- To help parents, parish, and community members share their views
Want more information? Don’t forget to sign up for St Michael’s Newswire. Newswire sends out lots of information about our school and what is happening throughout the year. We also have a school Twitter account in which we share celebrations throughout the year. You can follow us at @StMichaelAngels
Council meetings for the 2021-2022 school year have been established. Meetings this year will be a combination of virtual and/or distanced at the school. All meetings are from 6:00 till 7:30 pm. Please see the dates below: